Albany Senior High School caters for individual difference in interests, rates of learning and motivation of students by allowing each of them to develop curriculum pathways that can include a mixture of courses, Vocational Education and Training (VET) and endorsed programs, generally in conjunction with Workplace Learning
Albany Senior High School has a long tradition of providing quality Workplace Learning and other off-campus vocational learning programs so it has been a logical progression for the Workplace Learning Coordinator and class teachers to develop, facilitate, deliver and monitor programs in these areas.
Vocational Education and Training Programs
Vocational Education and Training in the senior secondary years engages students in work-related learning built on strategic partnerships between schools and training organisations, business, industry and the wider community. Completion of a nationally recognised qualification can contribute course/subject equivalents to a student’s overall WACE.
Albany Senior High School Programs allow the achievement of the following VET qualifications in 2015:
- Certificate I in Gaining Access to Employment - Try-Tech – Year 10 Program
- Certificate I in Business
- Certificate II in Automotive (Light Vehicle Servicing)
- Certificate II in Community Services
- Certificate II in Construction
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Certificate II in Health Support Services
- Certificate II in Hospitality
- Certificate II in Sports Coaching
- Certificate II in Sports and Recreation
- Certificate III in Children’s Services
- Certificate IV in Health Foundations
School-Based Traineeship and School-Based Apprenticeship programs also allow students to achieve nationally recognised qualifications which similarly contribute to their WACE.
Most programs are delivered at the Great Southern Institute of Technology, but others are delivered at school by school personnel under the auspices of Registered Training Organisations.
There are currently no news items